Another two weeks, another entry!
Last week's question:
If your setting has magic*, what would happen to your main characters without it?
If your setting doesn't have magic, what would happen to your main characters if it was suddenly introduced?
*or aliens/hi-tech for sci-fi stories, or the supernatural/monsters for low fantasy, etc.
Week 9 Question!
What is your comic drawing process? Can you briefly walk us through a step-by-step process of how you draw a panel or a page?
Remember to write down the question itself and to put our name, WebComics-Rock, in the submission somewhere. Reply to this journal with the response- we most likely won't see it if you submit to the group gallery.
The deadline for this is July 13th. Drawings only! This is a comic club, after all.
Once again, note that in round 10 we will give everyone a week to catch up and submit to previously-asked questions.
We look forward to your responses!
===FREE COMIC MAKING SOFTWARE===
Also, I have been notified of a program for comic book making, kind of like Manga Studio or Paint Tool Sai except free. It's on Windows, Mac and also Android tablets. We think it may appeal to some of our WC-R members.
· It's available on Windows, and Mac computers and now on Android tablets.
· Numerous brushes (pen, pencil, airbrush, watercolor, blur, scatter finger (smudge)) all with opacity and pressure settings.
· Tools that let users easily create comic book panels in almost any shape they want.
· Downloadable textures, tones, and backgrounds
· Free cloud storage. Users can give other users access to their files for
· Works in conjunction with our smartphone app sketching MangaName.
· The Windows and Mac versions are available in English, Chinese, Korean, German, French, Spanish, Russian, and Portuguese.
· The Android version is available in English, Chinese, and Korean
...As an aside, I have tried it myself and it's got a very intuitive, easy interface and is a very light, slick program. Kind of resembles Photoshop Elements, but it's intended specifically for tablets and painting. I would recommend trying it. -Penguinpyro